The Centrist Project seeks a full-time Deputy Director to support a wide range of organizational activities as we rapidly scale our organization for the 2018 election cycle. This position is a unique opportunity to be at the ground floor of an innovative political initiative that seeks to bridge the growing partisan divide in our politics by electing centrist, independent candidates to office.
The Deputy Director is someone comfortable operating in a fast-paced and open-ended startup environment, capable of strategic planning and detailed execution across various functions, and committed to working at maximum capacity to help us achieve our ambitious goals. Preference will be given to candidates with backgrounds and skill sets in communications and/or fundraising.
This position is based in Denver, CO. Remote options are a possibility in rare circumstances.
- Support fundraising & development including donor prospecting, engagement, and follow-up;
- Execute day-to-day activities including managing our supporter database, sending supporter communications, engaging on social media, and interfacing with volunteers;
- Hold external relationships with various vendors, contractors, and key stakeholders, including donors, advisors, and candidates;
- Draft, refine, and update organizational collateral such as strategic plans, presentation decks, and other materials;
- Operate and oversee the Centrist Project’s internship program;
- Manage back office activities including scheduling and accounting.
- Passion for American democracy and political reform;
- Experience in politics and political campaigns, including familiarity with NationBuilder;
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong work ethic;
- Desire to be creative and to experiment;
- Ability to be a proactive strategic partner while executing both large and small tasks from conception through completion;
- At least three years of professional work experience.
Additional Application InstructionsTo apply, please send a resume & cover letter with the subject line “Deputy Director” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Director of AdvocacyGeneration CitizenNew York, NY, United StatesApr 28
Legislative Fiscal AnalystState of Vermont Legislative Joint Fiscal OfficeMontpelier, VT, United StatesApr 27
Digital Organizing StrategistAmerican Civil Liberties UnionNew York, NY, United StatesApr 20
Deputy DirectorCentrist ProjectDenver, CO, United StatesApr 18
Regional Field Director (Southern U.S.)Human Rights CampaignWashington, DC, United StatesMar 29
Latest from the web
Lobbyist, Office of Government RelationsAmerican Library AssociationWashington,DC5 Apr
Vertical Marketing Manager, Politics & Advocacy - Entertainment and Media Industry OpportunityFacebook - Entertainment and Media IndustryNew York,NY10 Mar
Vice President of Advocacy & Government RelationsLeading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise CompanyLos Angeles,CA23 Apr
Political&Advocacy Partnerships ManagerMcClatchyWashington,DC27 Apr
Political&Advocacy Partnerships ManagerThe McClatchy CompanyWashington,DC26 Apr